Family loses all in fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Family loses all in fire

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

What started as a grease fire on the stove quickly spread to consume over 50% of the house at 5602 Randall Lane Wednesday night.

The Albany Fire Department responded quickly to the scene, south of the Albany Airport, but the fire burned rapidly, and destroyed the belongings of tenant Willie Coven and his family.

The owner of the house said that the damage was about $40,000. It was so extensive, that they may need to just demolish what's left and start over.

No one was injured in the fire.

 

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Lee STEM teacher wins national award

    Lee STEM teacher wins national award

    Tuesday, March 28 2017 7:36 PM EDT2017-03-28 23:36:32 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    A popular Lee County science and math teacher will receive a national teaching award in Los Angeles Friday.

    More >>

    A popular Lee County science and math teacher will receive a national teaching award in Los Angeles Friday.

    More >>
  • Rainfall Gauge

    Rainfall Gauge

    Today: 0.00'": Monthly Total 1.21"; Normal for the Month 5.22"; Yearly Total 13.03"; -/+ Year to Date -2.17".

    More >>

    Today: 0.00": Monthly Total 1.21"; Normal for the Month 5.22"; Yearly Total 13.03"; -/+ Year to Date -2.17".

    More >>
  • Fire Weather Forecast

    Fire Weather Forecast

    Wednesday, December 30 2015 11:51 PM EST2015-12-31 04:51:24 GMT
    Tuesday, March 28 2017 7:17 PM EDT2017-03-28 23:17:27 GMT

    Fire Weather Forecast March 28-29, 2017

    More >>

    Fire Weather Forecast March 28-29, 2017

    More >>
Powered by Frankly