Molotov cocktail caused Albany house fire -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Molotov cocktail caused Albany house fire


A South Albany mother says she is afraid for her family after someone threw a molotov cocktail into their home early Monday morning while they slept.

Take a look at the damage inside the bedroom where the molotov cocktail exploded about midnight.

Two of Yashica Brown's children were asleep in one bed.

The bottle filled with a flammable liquid exploded on the other bed in the room.

Four people were inside the duplex in the 400 block of Poplar Street, but no one was hurt.

Investigators are trying to determine if gang rivalry is behind the fire bombing. 

"I ain't going to say my kids are perfect things, but I don't think they'll go around and harm nobody," said Brown. "And for them to come here and harm me and my grand kids and my mama all asleep in this house."

Albany Police, Albany Fire Department Investigators, and the Gang Unit are all investigating the fire bombing.

Brown was seeking help to find another place for her family to stay tonight.

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly