Albany firefighters battled a shed fire that reached 30 feet in the air earlier Saturday.
Officials say a burn barrel filled with pine cones was left unattended at 3420 Sylvester Road on Lot 3 around 1 p.m. Saturday.
The pine straw on the ground caught fire which spread to a nearby shed.
It took about 500 gallons of water to put the fire out. No one was injured.
Copyright 2012 WALB. All rights reserved.
Albany's police chief responded to concerns about the nonstop gunfire happening in one South Albany neighborhood.
Phoebe Putney Hospital recently upgraded a device that will give patients with irregular heartbeats more surgical options.
NASCAR is at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend, but with rain in the forecast, it is stirring up a debate between the track and the drivers.
The Worth County's Best Friends Humane Society's biggest fundraiser of the year is just around the corner and tickets are selling out fast.
Spring pollens have made an early appearance this year in Southwest Georgia.