The Albany Humane Society is getting a makeover thanks to some help from a national humanitarian group and national dog food company.
One family is picking up the pieces after their home caught on fire earlier Saturday.
The Albany Fire Department responded to call at a home on Gardner Drive around 2:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Officials say the family was recently having trouble with their heating unit inside the home and have been staying with relatives because the house was so hot.
Maintenance had been called to the home to turn off the unit, but was unsuccessful. No one was home when the fire started.
Officials used about 50 gallons of water to put out the blaze. While authorities believe the heating unit caused the fire, they're still investigating.
Copyright 2012 WALB. All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 3130
Albany, GA 31706
FCC Public File