Firefighters extinguish house fire in East Albany - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Firefighters extinguish house fire in East Albany

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Major road project takes a step forward

    Major road project takes a step forward

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:02 AM EDT2014-04-23 04:02:45 GMT
    Lee County Commissioners are close to approving a route for a major road project that will connect the east and west parts of the county. Tuesday night, they heard from Georgia Tech engineers who studiedMore >>
    Lee County residents will soon have the chance to give their opinions on a major road project.More >>
  • City leaders approve new rules for model airplanes

    City leaders approve new rules for model airplanes

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 11:59 PM EDT2014-04-23 03:59:14 GMT
    Albany city commissioners approve new rules for model airplanes.      Following complaints from some people who live near Hilsman Park a citizen's advisory committee spent months studying the issue andMore >>
    Albany city commissioners approve new rules for model airplanes.      Following complaints from some people who live near Hilsman Park a citizen's advisory committee spent months studying the issue andMore >>
  • Voters hear from candidates at forum

    Voters hear from candidates at forum

    Tuesday, April 22 2014 11:56 PM EDT2014-04-23 03:56:54 GMT
    Voters heard from more than a dozen political candidates at a forum Tuesday night hosted by the Albany Civil Rights Institute. People running in Dougherty County Commission, Dougherty County School BoardMore >>
    Days before early voting opens, candidates for several races in Dougherty County get together to try earn voters' support.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

One family is picking up the pieces after their home caught on fire earlier Saturday.

The Albany Fire Department responded to call at a home on Gardner Drive around 2:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Officials say the family was recently having trouble with their heating unit inside the home and have been staying with relatives because the house was so hot.

Maintenance had been called to the home to turn off the unit, but was unsuccessful. No one was home when the fire started. 

Officials used about 50 gallons of water to put out the blaze.  While authorities believe the heating unit caused the fire, they're still investigating.

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

 

Powered by WorldNow