Albany teen treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany teen treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, GA (WALB) -

A 16-year old girl is okay after being treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at her Albany home Thursday morning.

About 11:30, firefighters were called to this apartment in the 3200 block of Fernridge Drive. 

Firefighters say food left unattended on the stove caused the blaze that was already extinguished when they arrived. 

But an ambulance was called to treat 16-year-old Beverly Grimsley.

Paramedics treated her at the scene but did not take her to the hospital.

Copyright 2012 WALB.  All rights reserved.