Raycom Media America Now Contest
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by Raycom Media, 201 Monroe Street, 20th Floor, Montgomery, Alabama, 36117 and America Now ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 4:00am (Eastern Standard Time) on Thursday, October 25th, 2012 and ends at 12:00am (Midnight) (Eastern Standard Time) on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012. Entries must be received by 11:59pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Friday, November 16th, 2012. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age in most areas, 19 years of age in the state of Alabama, 21 years of age in the state of Mississippi or older at the time of entry and living in these markets as defined by Nielsen Media, Inc.: Albany, Georgia (WALB.1, WALB.2), Augusta, GA (WFXG), Baton Rouge, Louisiana (WAFB/WBXH), Biloxi, Mississippi (WLOX.1, WLOX.2), Birmingham, Alabama (WBRC), Cape Girardeau, Missouri (KFVS,WQWQ), Charleston, South Carolina (WCSC.1, WCSC.2), Charlotte, North Carolina (WBTV), Cincinnati, Ohio (WXIX), Cleveland, Ohio (WOIO), Columbia, South Carolina (WIS), Columbus, Georgia (WTVM/WXTX), Dothan, Alabama (WDFX), Evansville, Indiana (WFIE), Hattiesburg, Mississippi (WDAM), Honolulu, Hawaii (KGMB), Huntsville, Alabama (WAFF), Jackson, Mississippi (WLBT), Jonesboro, Arkansas (KAIT), Knoxville, Tennessee (WTNZ), Lake Charles, Louisiana (KPLC), Louisville, Kentucky (WAVE), Lubbock, Texas (KCBD), Lufkin, Texas (KTRE), Memphis, Tennessee (WMC), Montgomery, Alabama (WSFA), Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (WMBF), Ottumwa, Iowa (KYOU), Panama City, Florida (WPGX), Richmond, Virginia (WWBT/WUPV), Savannah, Georgia (WTOC), Shreveport, Louisiana (KSLA), Toledo, Ohio (WTOL, WUPW), Tucson, Arizona (KOLD), Tyler, Texas (KLTV), West Palm Beach, Florida (WFLX), and Wilmington, North Carolina (WECT/WSFX). Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., America Now and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted daily from Thursday, October 25th, 2012 to Friday, October 26th, 2012, Monday, October 29th, 2012 to Friday, November 2nd, 2012, Monday, November 5th, 2012 to Friday, November 9th, 2012 and Monday, November 12th, 2012 to Friday, November 16th, 2012. Multiple daily entries from the same individual will be disqualified. No entries submitted on weekends during the entry period will be eligible.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 4:00am (Eastern Standard Time) on Thursday, October 25th, 2012 individuals can log on to www.AmericaNowNews.com and complete the online entry form. Entrants will be required to fill in the "Play Code of the Day" aired in the daily broadcast of America Now, their first and last name, email address, daytime phone and station they watched the America Now show on from a drop down menu. Daily entries must be received by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time. Individuals may only enter once daily as outlined above during the contest. Multiple daily entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion. Mailed entries through the postal system will not be accepted.
4. Prize(s). There is one (1) grand prize in this contest. The grand prize winner will have the opportunity to draw from 40 envelopes. 18 will have a card with $750 written on it, 17 will have a card with $1000 written on it and 5 will have a card with One Million Dollars written on it. The contestant will draw envelopes until they have 5 matching cards which will be the cash prize he or she will win. With respect to One Million Dollar grand prize, if awarded, yearly installments made payable to the promotion winner equal to the prize value divided by the length of the annuity contracted for (i.e. $1,000,000 prize/40-year annuity=$25,000 per year installments for 40 years). Installments shall commence at the conclusion of the claim investigation and will be made the same date year. Additional terms and conditions apply to award One Million Dollar prize.
5. No prize may be transferred or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. On Monday morning, November 19th, 2012, one finalist will be chosen at random from the pool of all eligible online entries submitted through www.AmericaNowNews.com. The grand prize finalist will be notified by the email address and/or phone number provided in his or her online entry form, and he or she will have 24 hours to respond or another finalist will be selected at random and notified. The finalist must make arrangements to draw for the grand prize on Wednesday, November 21st at the offices of the station on which they indicated they watched the America Now show in their online entry form, or the opportunity to win the grand prize will be forfeited and another finalist will be chosen at random. This process will be repeated until the station can establish a finalist. If a delay results in the finding of a qualified contestant, the drawing for the grand prize will be delayed as needed at Raycom Media's discretion.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility the day of notification or the grand prize notification will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Raycom Media will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from Raycom Media if Raycom Media reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that Raycom Media, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto. All entrants' email addresses used to participate in the contest will be enrolled to receive periodic email notifications from America Now. To be removed from the America Now email distribution list, follow the instructions in the email notifications.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Raycom Media. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Raycom Media are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Raycom Marketing "America Now Contest" at Raycom Media, 20th Floor, 201 Monroe Street, Montgomery, AL. 36104.