Wednesday, June 12 2013 10:33 AM EDT2013-06-12 14:33:38 GMT
LSU Offensive Coordinator Cam Cameron received a Super Bowl ring from the Baltimore Ravens Tuesday in Baton Rouge.Cameron was released by the Ravens in week 14 of the 2012 season after a loss to the WashingtonMore >>
Cameron was released by the Ravens in week 14 of the 2012 season after a loss to the Washington Redskins. The Ravens went on to beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 in the 2013 Super Bowl.More >>
Thursday, June 6 2013 11:05 AM EDT2013-06-06 15:05:52 GMT
The Philadelphia Eagles announced Thursday morning that the team had signed former LSU defensive lineman Bennie Logan to a four-year contract. The 6'2, 309 pound Logan was the Eagles 67th pick in the thirdMore >>
The Philadelphia Eagles announced Thursday morning that the team had signed former LSU defensive lineman Bennie Logan to a four-year contract.More >>
Friday, May 31 2013 4:18 PM EDT2013-05-31 20:18:08 GMT
The Southeastern Conference will distribute approximately $289.4 million to the 14 league institutions in the revenue sharing plan for the 2012-13 fiscal year, which ends Aug. 31, 2013, according to leagueMore >>
The $289.4 million is the highest total ever distributed in SEC history.More >>
Former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell has loss 50 pounds and at his new weight of 265 he is hoping for another chance at the NFL.NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that there is now "significant" interestMore >>
Former LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell has loss 50 pounds and at his new weight of 265 he is hoping for another chance at the NFL.More >>
Wednesday, May 22 2013 1:05 PM EDT2013-05-22 17:05:31 GMT
CBS Sports announced Wednesday that the LSU - Arkansas football game will be played Friday, November 29th in Tiger Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. and can be seen on WAFB-TV.Alabama and TexasMore >>
Kickoff in Tiger Stadium is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. and can be seen on WAFB-TV.More >>
The Southeastern Conference announced its Players of the Week today and after a dreadful showing against Towson, no LSU player made the list.
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 200 • Fr. • Kerrville, Texas
• Manziel set an SEC and Texas A&M record with 557 total offensive yards in the Aggies' 58-10 win against Arkansas.
• He accounted for a school record 453 passing yards on 29-of-38 passing with three TDs and no interceptions, and also rushed for 104 yards on 14 carries and a touchdown.
• Manziel's total offense and passing yardage total is the most by a freshman in FBS this season.
• Manziel threw to 12 different Aggie receivers against the Razorbacks.
• Through the first four games (all starts) of his career this season, Manziel has attempted 124 passes without an interception.
SEC Co-DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 216 • Sr. • Augusta, Ga.
• Commings tallied five tackles (four solos) and had a pair of interceptions in the final six minutes of the game to help Georgia defeat Tennessee, 51-44. His first pick was near midfield at the six-minute mark and his second preserved the UGA win with seven seconds left in the game.
5-11 • 203 • Fr. • Loganville, Ga.
• Nkemdiche had 11 tackles, three for losses including a sack, two forced fumbles in Ole Miss' 33-14 loss at Alabama. The Rebel defense limited the Crimson Tide to season lows in points and yards.
SEC Co-SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Return Specialist / Wide Receiver
5-11 • 185 • So. • Adamsville, Ala.
• Jones returned a kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown in Alabama's 33-14 win over Ole Miss. The TD is the eighth longest return in school history and gave the Tide a 13-7 2nd-quarter lead. For the game, Jones had 161 all-purpose yards, 142 on kickoff returns and 19 receiving yards on two catches.
Return Specialist / Tailback
5-9 • 185 • So. • DeSoto, Texas
• Murphy returned a punt 66 yards for a touchdown in Missouri's 21-16 win at Central Florida. The TD put the Tigers ahead 14-10 midway through third quarter. For the game, he had three punt returns for 70 yards and a 33-yard kickoff return.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 305 • Jr. • Missouri City, Texas
• Matthews helped keep quarterback Johnny Manziel sack-free against Arkansas, allowing the freshman signal-caller to break SEC and school records in Texas A&M's 58-10 win.
• Matthews was part of an offense that gained 716 total yards; 498 through the air and 218 on the ground.
• Only two of Texas A&M's 79 offensive plays were for lost yardage for minus 3 yards.
• Matthews was not flagged and graded out the best of the Texas A&M offensive linemen against Arkansas.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 256 • So. • Rock Hill, S.C.
• Clowney was credited with four tackles, including 2.5 for losses with a sack, in South Carolina's 38-17 win at Kentucky.
• Carolina limited Kentucky to just 70 yards in the second half after yielding 173 in the first half.
• Clowney's sack came on a 3rd down play forcing the Wildcats to punt.
• Kentucky had seven second-half possessions with four ending in punts, two in interceptions and one when the clock ran out at the end of the game.
SEC FOOTBALL TRI-FRESHMEN OF THE WEEK
6-1 • 218 • Tarboro, N.C.
• Gurley rushed for 130 yards and 3 TDs including a 51-yard run in Georgia's 51-44 win over Tennessee.
5-11 • 216 • Raleigh, N.C.
• Marshall rushed for 164 yards on 10 carries and 2 TDs and also caught a 15-yard pass in Georgia's 51-44 win over Tennessee.
6-1 • 200 • Fr. • Kerrville, Texas
• See above for information on Manziel's efforts vs. Arkansas.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 5
CB AMARI COOPER (Alabama) -- Freshman led the Tide with eight catches for 84 yards and two touchdowns against Ole Miss.
CB DEE MILLINER (Alabama) -- Recorded four interceptions with an interception, four pass deflections and a half-sack against Ole Miss.
RB KNILE DAVIS (Arkansas) -- Rushed for team-high 65 yards on 18 carries and also caught a 64-yard touchdown pass against Texas A&M.
LB ALVIN DUPREE (Kentucky) -- Logged nine tackles, including 1.5 sacks (-10 yards), against South Carolina.
WR ODELL BECKHAM, JR. (LSU) -- Caught five passes for 128 yards and two touchdowns against Towson.
CB E.J. GAINES (Missouri) -- Had career-best 13 tackles against Central Florida. In fourth quarter, had two tackles for loss and a forced fumble.
DT SHELDON RICHARDSON (Missouri) -- Registered nine tackles, two for losses including a sack, and a QB pressure against Central Florida.
TB MARCUS LATTIMORE (South Carolina) -- Rushed for 120 yards on 23 carries and two touchdowns against Kentucky.
SPUR DeVONTE HOLLOMAN (South Carolina) -- Had six tackles (all solos) with two for losses, including a sack, against Kentucky.
RB RAJION NEAL (Tennessee) -- Rushed for 107 yards on 23 carries and a touchdown while catching 5 passes for 53 yards and a touchdown against Georgia.
DB BYRON MOORE (Tennessee) -- Returned an interception for a touchdown and had six total tackles against Georgia.
Thursday, April 25 2013 7:03 AM EDT2013-04-25 11:03:18 GMT
(RNN) - Big guys are likely to be the stars of the show Thursday night when the NFL Draft again airs in primetime on ESPN, live from Radio City Music Hall. Barring unforeseen weirdness - which can neverMore >>
The NFL Draft with all its drama and uncertainty airs live in prime time Thursday night. Luke Joeckel, Manti Te'o, SEC stars and borderline quarterbacks are among this year's mysteries.More >>
Thursday, April 18 2013 8:52 PM EDT2013-04-19 00:52:03 GMT
(RNN) - Spring practice in the SEC climaxes Saturday when five more teams hold their annual spring scrimmages. Interesting fact: So far the biggest attendance at a spring game this season was at KentuckyMore >>
New coaches at Tennessee, Auburn and Arkansas will give us the first glimpse of their teams in Saturday's SEC spring games. Two-time defending national champion Alabama and Mississippi State also give fans a break from the long college football offseason.
Thursday, April 11 2013 7:00 AM EDT2013-04-11 11:00:16 GMT
Many Southeastern Conference football fans will finally get a look at their favorite teams this Saturday, April 13, and several of the annual spring games will be broadcast on TV and on the Web.Texas A&MMore >>
Southeastern Conference fans are beginning to stir as South Carolina, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Kentucky all hold their annual spring football games on Saturday, April 13.More >>
Monday, January 7 2013 6:00 AM EST2013-01-07 11:00:08 GMT
Miami (RNN) - Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said the team that makes the most mistakes may well win tonight. Not a misprint.He explained that odd statement Sunday at the final news conference before theMore >>
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said the team that makes the most mistakes may win tonight. He meant the team that takes the most chances, forces the action and sets the pace. Teams that do that make mistakes. But they cause the other guys to make mistakes, too. More >>
Sunday, January 6 2013 11:52 AM EST2013-01-06 16:52:47 GMT
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban and Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly shook hands Sunday morning in front of the Coaches' Trophy, the prize their two teams want to take home Monday night.More >>
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban and Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly shook hands Sunday morning in front of the Coaches' Trophy, the prize their two teams want to take home Monday night. More >>