Content provided by P&G Beauty
(ARA) - You're working on exercising and eating better to make sure you're healthier on the inside this year, but what about the outside? Most people have broken their resolutions by the end of January, but it's easy to stick with it if you commit yourself to a fun way of feeling better about yourself.
Treat yourself well and make the promise to focus on enhancing your look this year. Investing in your well-being doesn't have to cripple your bank account - there are plenty of ways to style yourself beautifully and stay on budget. Plus, there are new, exciting ways to revitalize your appearance right at home.
Beauty and style expert Polly Blitzer, founder of BeautyBlitz.com, has five tips that can help you to look and feel your best in 2010. "It's so important that we make time to care for ourselves," explains Polly. "Looking great doesn't have to cost a fortune and I have the inside scoop on how to make the most of your look."
1. Anti-aging isn't just for your face anymore. While most women are already buying up plenty of anti-aging products for their faces, they forget about the other parts of the body that can just as easily show signs of age. Look for products that include anti-aging technology for your body skin. Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti-Aging Body Wash helps fight the aging process through technology that moisturizes, evens skin tone, brightens dull skin and more.
2. Go to the Web for fashion ideas. The Internet has made fashion even more egalitarian, with the explosion of street-style blogs and an army of bloggers searching out great style finds for good prices. Style.com, InStyle.com and FashionWeekDaily.com are bigger sites that offer great style inspiration, while smaller sites like Fashionair.com and Coutorture.com have unique points of view and edgier perspectives on fashion.
3. Make your lips your best accessory. Everyone wants to have a great smile, and tooth whitening products are available to help with that, but your lips are what frame those pearly whites. Highlight them with a high-shine lip gloss that also has bold colors. A lot of lip glosses can be sticky, but new formulas like Covergirl ShineBlast Lip Gloss, deliver a lightweight, non-tacky feel at a great price.
4. Hair color makes all the difference. Whether you just want to try a new look or keep the grays at bay, a great hair color can really revitalize your style. The good news is that coloring your hair doesn't have to be as harsh as it once was. Gone are the days of damaged, dry hair after coloring - now you can get a new color and healthier looking hair at once. The Clairol Natural Instincts hair color line leaves hair soft, is ammonia-free and has antioxidants and vitamins C and E to nourish your locks - plus it's actually clinically proven to be less damaging than the leading permanent hair color.
5. High-end fashion designers are now accessible to everyone. Fashionistas with no budget limits often talk about the value of mixing high- and low-price items. The good news is that you can now get designer looks for low prices at some of your favorite stores. Collaborations between designers and major retailers have led to gorgeous lines like Vera Wang for Kohl's, Sonia Rykiel for H&M, Kate Moss for Topshop and Target's revolving series of designers (like Rodarte, Tracy Feith and others) for their GO International line. Now you can mix and match designer looks, all of which fit into every budget.
Courtesy of ARAcontent
Content appearing on this page is supplied by third-parties on behalf of sponsors and does not necessarily reflect the views of this Station.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.