Hot coals blamed for house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Hot coals blamed for house fire

Posted: Updated:

A Northwest Albany home was badly damaged by an overnight blaze that appears to have started when hot coals for a charcoal grill were blown over by high winds.

The Holloway family had been grilling earlier in the evening when they heard a commotion about 1:00.

They found no disturbance, but were awakened by smoke alarms about 4:00AM. That's when the fire was discovered.

The attic portion of the house was severely damaged by fire. There was also smoke damage to the rest of the house.

No one was injured in the fire.

 

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by WorldNow