A child was badly burned after knocking a candle off a counter in his Echols County home.
His mother told deputies she was vacuuming when her 4-year son Gavin Whitehead knocked the candle over Thursday afternoon.
His shirt caught fire.
The mother pulled the shirt off but not before he suffered serious burns on 20-percent of his body.
He was taken to South Georgia Medical Center.
Copyright 2011 WALB. All rights reserved.
As you try to prepare your child for heading back to the classroom, here is a list to help make sure you and your student are prepared for the upcoming year.More >>
Downtown Tifton’s occupancy level is at 98% and the City’s economic development director said that’s good news for residents.More >>
If you were shocked the last time you opened your power bill, Georgia Power has good news for you. The power company says its customers usually see their highest bills during this time of year, but there are ways to save on energy.More >>
This week, Karla Heath-Sands, Cade Fowler and Chris Zelman are all learning the results of their genetic makeup on Today in Georgia. This is Karla's journey.More >>
An Albany hairstylist wants to make sure students look their best when they step through the doors on the first day of school by offering free hairstyles.More >>