Motel guest burned on hands - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Motel guest burned on hands

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Man arrested for stealing tip jar

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 10:34 AM EDT2014-04-23 14:34:32 GMT
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested in the below case last night. From: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:09 AM To: Whitley-Banks, Phyllis Subject:   22-14-008228  RobberyMore >>
    Timothy Banthongsack was arrested Tuesday evening for snatching the tip jar at Carrol's Meats on Philema Road.
    More >>
  • What you need to know before riding an ATV

    What you need to know before riding an ATV

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:50 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:50:06 GMT
    A safety warning following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.      A man died in Liberty County when his 4 wheeler crashed into a tree.  A woman and her two young grandsons died in Walker County whenMore >>
    A safety warning was issued following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.   Experts say you should not operate ATV's on public roads. You should wear proper gear such as gloves, goggles,  and most importantly a Department of Transportation helmet.More >>
  • Daycare providers face deadline

    Daycare providers face deadline

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:15 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:15:14 GMT
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) has posted application packages for new and returning providersMore >>
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The purpose of the program is to prepare children for success in Kindergarten and later school years. Programs are offered at local public schools or through private providers of preschool services.More >>

Albany Fire Fighters have extinguished burned clothing, a mattress, and box springs at the Econo-Lodge on East Oglethorpe Boulevard in Albany.

The female guest has minor burns on her hands, and paramedics treated her on the scene. She did not need hospital treatment.

The woman's four-year-old child was playing with a cigarette lighter, and caught the bed on fire. The minor fire was contained to one room of the hotel.

 

 

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by WorldNow