Fire displaces Albany family -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire displaces Albany family

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany family is displaced  after a fire destroyed part of their home on Carriage Lane.

Judy Greene was preparing dinner a little before 7:00. She walked across the street. When she got back, the kitchen was on fire.

Greene thinks a problem with her oven might be to blame, but firefighters say flames started from food on the stove.

"I was scared because everything I own is in the house," said Judy Greene. "I said what am I going to do if I lose everything I own?"

If you'd like to help the family with donations, call Judy Greene at (229) 438-7406


Powered by Frankly