Plumber dies after being shocked - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Plumber dies after being shocked

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Americus runner back in Boston

    Americus runner back in Boston

    Monday, April 21 2014 4:39 AM EDT2014-04-21 08:39:51 GMT
    One of the thousands of runners participating in the marathon today comes from Southwest Georgia, Charlene Pennymon. She's returning to Boston to win another title but also give hope to others. @ ThisMore >>
    One of the thousands of runners participating in the marathon today comes from Southwest Georgia, Charlene Pennymon. She's returning to Boston to win another title but also give hope to others. More >>
  • Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:57 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:57:34 GMT
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
  • Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:52:00 GMT
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>

A man was shocked by electricity while he was attempting repairs under a house on West Gordon Avenue.

Sizemore Plumbing and Heating's Benjamin Graham died about noon at Phoebe Putney.

The tenant of the home, Mary Smith, said Graham went under her house at 832 West Gordon to work on a water pipe. 

Smith said a few minutes later, the plumber's partner ran into the house looking for the electrical box, and switched the power off. 

Albany Fire Department and Water Gas and Light units cut the power to the house, while Graham was transported to the hospital.


 

 

 

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.  

Powered by WorldNow