Plumber dies after being shocked - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Plumber dies after being shocked

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Residents on alert for kids in cars

    Residents on alert for kids in cars

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:22 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:22:40 GMT
    Tuesday night, they got a call from someone in the Harvey's parking lot who said a baby was left in a car. Officials say when they got there the car was gone, the woman then drove to the sheriff's office with the baby, which was OK.More >>
    Tuesday night, they got a call from someone in the Harvey's parking lot who said a baby was left in a car. Officials say when they got there the car was gone, the woman then drove to the sheriff's office with the baby, which was OK.More >>
  • Thief breaks into locked car

    Thief breaks into locked car

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:15 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:15:19 GMT
    Car break-ins continue to be a major problem all across south Georgia. One victim in Americus is worried about how crooks got in his car, even though it was locked.More >>
    Car break-ins continue to be a major problem all across south Georgia. One victim in Americus is worried about how crooks got in his car, even though it was locked.More >>
  • Stolen Mustang found in the dunes

    Stolen Mustang found in the dunes

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:04 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:04:56 GMT
    Albany area law enforcement was on the lookout for a stolen 2010 Mustang convertible, taken from the Hidden Lakes area on the night on July 17. The keys were left in the car.More >>
    Albany area law enforcement was on the lookout for a stolen 2010 Mustang convertible, taken from the Hidden Lakes area on the night on July 17. The keys were left in the car.More >>

A man was shocked by electricity while he was attempting repairs under a house on West Gordon Avenue.

Sizemore Plumbing and Heating's Benjamin Graham died about noon at Phoebe Putney.

The tenant of the home, Mary Smith, said Graham went under her house at 832 West Gordon to work on a water pipe. 

Smith said a few minutes later, the plumber's partner ran into the house looking for the electrical box, and switched the power off. 

Albany Fire Department and Water Gas and Light units cut the power to the house, while Graham was transported to the hospital.


 

 

 

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.