Thursday, July 24 2014 11:46 PM EDT2014-07-25 03:46:21 GMT
Former Associated Press writer Jim Purks shared his experiences with people in Albany Thursday night.More >>
Former Associated Press writer Jim Purks shared his experiences with people in Albany Thursday night. More >>
Smoke filled the air late Saturday night as Mike Terry's home went up in flames.
Rocky Ford volunteer fire department received the call Saturday at 1530 Myron Hart Road, in Coolidge, around 10 PM but received help to extinguish the flames.
"We responded right before Hamilton Fire Department, Bay and also Westside responded. We were able to contain the fire and put it out," says Rocky Ford Volunteer Firefighter Blake Lehman.
Officials say that arson may be the cause of this fire but the puzzling turn of the case is that the suspect may be the owner of the house.
Mike Terry received the house two months ago after his mother's death and officials say that he was arrested Saturday night after the fire. The fire consumed the entire house in less than 30 minutes taking everything but the stove chimney and front stairs.