Fire rips through Valdosta home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire rips through Valdosta home

Posted: Updated:
VALDOSTA, GA (WALB) -

A fire rips through a Valdosta home.

Shortly before 11 Wednesday night, firefighters responded to 2409 University Drive.

No one was hurt but the fire did cause about $30,000 in damage.

Takesha Shepherd told firefighters she thought the fire started in her dryer.

They're still investigating but Fire Chief J.D Rice says you need to be sure to keep dryer vents clean because they can easily ignite.

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.   Feedback