Electrical problem brings AFD to Mall - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Electrical problem brings AFD to Mall

A short circuit inside an electrical box at the Albany Mall caused a fire in an electrical box about 4:00PM.

The problem seems to have originated in an electrical box that supplies the Foot Action store with power, and electricians are sorting it out. That store will remained closed until Thursday.

Half the mall, from the food court back to Sears, was closed to the public because WG&L crews cut off power to that area.

The west side of the mall remained open to customers.

There are no reports of injuries or property damage in the mall.


Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.   

Powered by Frankly