Albany Firefighters worked this afternoon to save a home after the kitchen caught fire on 939 Barbar- Gail Street. David Mingo says he was cooking but got distracted by his dog outside.
When he returned to the kitchen...the stove was on fire and spreading. Firefighters were able to put the blaze out before it spread to the rest of the house.
Mingo feels this situation could've been a lot worse.
"My kitchen is completely gone but are not as bad as they could be," he said. The rest of his home had severe smoke damage.
A South Georgia community is helping one of its leaders fight the battle of a lifetime. Leesburg Police Chief Charles Moore is fighting cancer.
More than 100 Dougherty County residents got their groove on to support heart health today! Phoebe hosted a free Zumba dance workshop at Albany State University.
More than 100 people in Albany showed up to learn how they can get help for necessary home repairs.
NASCAR is at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend and two Georgia drivers will be fighting for the checkered flag.
The Cook County Sheriff's Office is investigating after getting complaints about an internet-based message circulating on several social media.