Carbon monoxide ruled in Worth Co. woman's death - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Carbon monoxide ruled in Worth Co. woman's death

Posted: Updated:

By Cade Fowler - bio | email

WORTH COUNTY, GA (WALB) – A Worth County woman who died in her home this month did die from carbon monoxide poisoning as officials had suspected.

An autopsy showed 61-year-old Mary Alice Williams had a carbon monoxide level of 74.5 which is far above what is normally lethal.

On February 5th Family members found Williams dead in her mobile home on Mossy Oaks Drive. She was using a heater to stay warm.

At the time investigators suspected the heater was leaking carbon monoxide. Officials recommend anyone who uses gas to get a carbon monoxide detector.

 ©2011 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback