By Jim Wallace - bio | email ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A South Albany man finds out the hard way that you shouldn't use a vacuum cleaner to siphon gasoline.
About 4:15 Tuesday, Demarco Malone called firefighters for help putting out a blazing metal tub of gasoline at his home on Edgerly Avenue.
Firefighters say Malone was using a vacuum cleaner to siphon gas out of his truck into the tub when the machine ignited, and set the gas-filled tub on fire also.
Malone moved his truck to safety and he wasn't hurt. His carport sustained smoke damage.
The vacuum cleaner appears to be a total loss.
Copyright 2011 WALB. All rights reserved. Feedback
A jury convicted a Crisp County man on two counts of child molestation Friday. The jury came back with a guilty verdict for Hermenegildo Virgil Friday.
The holiday season has arrived and Dougherty County leaders want people to be more safe than ever.
Saturday morning, a few extra paws joined runners at the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany. Racers and supporters alike showed their passion for supporting veterans this morning.
Troopers with the Georgia state patrol responded to a fatal crash in Coffee County around 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Three people are behind bars in the Dougherty County Jail for their part in a shooting at Albany State University.