Firefighter injured at Albany house fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Firefighter injured at Albany house fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • What you need to know before riding an ATV

    What you need to know before riding an ATV

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:50 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:50:06 GMT
    A safety warning following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.      A man died in Liberty County when his 4 wheeler crashed into a tree.  A woman and her two young grandsons died in Walker County whenMore >>
    A safety warning was issued following four ATV deaths in Georgia this week.   Experts say you should not operate ATV's on public roads. You should wear proper gear such as gloves, goggles,  and most importantly a Department of Transportation helmet.More >>
  • Daycare providers face deadline

    Daycare providers face deadline

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 9:15 AM EDT2014-04-23 13:15:14 GMT
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL) has posted application packages for new and returning providersMore >>
    The close of business today is the registration deadline for Bright from the Start. The purpose of the program is to prepare children for success in Kindergarten and later school years. Programs are offered at local public schools or through private providers of preschool services.More >>
  • Kendrick Johnson family in Albany

    Kendrick Johnson family in Albany

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 4:33 AM EDT2014-04-23 08:33:54 GMT
    Wednesday morning the family of Kendrick Johnson will make an appearance at ASU to speak to students about their case, its all part of the university's criminal justice week. Those organizing the presentationMore >>
    Wednesday morning the family of Kendrick Johnson will make an appearance at ASU to speak to students about their case, its all part of the university's criminal justice week.More >>

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) –An Albany firefighter was injured fighting a house fire Wednesday.

Christopher Spargo was jabbed in his eye with a stick while turning off the gas, at this house on North Carroll Street.

Spargo is still undergoing medical treatment.

The fire was caused by an electrical short in an extension cord attached to the television set in the living room. The power in the home was turned back on by Water Gas and Light less than an hour before the fire broke out, but firefighters say they don't know if that contributed to starting the fire.

Damage to the home was estimated at $8000. Tabitha Woodall, her four children and one grandchild that lived in the home were displaced.

Copyright 2011 WALB.  All rights reserved.   Feedback

Powered by WorldNow