Elementary School classroom catches fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Elementary School classroom catches fire

By Christian Jennings - bio | email

DONALSONVILLE,  GA (WALB) –  Firefighters say an electrical short caused a fire that forced dozens of people to evacuate a Southwest Georgia Elementary School.

One classroom at Seminole County Elementary School in Donalsonville caught fire around 7 Tuesday night.

About 80 people at the school for a Christmas program got out safely. The school was open Wednesday but 4th graders who normally use the damaged classroom had to move in with other students.

School officials hope to have the classroom renovated soon.


©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Albany High alumni take one last walk through school's halls

    Albany High alumni take one last walk through school's halls

    Sunday, June 25 2017 9:59 AM EDT2017-06-25 13:59:57 GMT

    You may or may not remember your last time walking the halls of your high school. For many Albany High School alumni, that memory won't fade any time soon.

    More >>

    You may or may not remember your last time walking the halls of your high school. For many Albany High School alumni, that memory won't fade any time soon.

    More >>
  • Family medicine doctors graduate from Phoebe residency program

    Family medicine doctors graduate from Phoebe residency program

    Saturday, June 24 2017 10:16 PM EDT2017-06-25 02:16:45 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    Five new family medicine doctors will soon enter the workforce after spending three years of their residency here in Albany. Doctors Danielle Andrews, Sarah Codrea, Justin Lancaster, John Macon and Jennifer Yam graduated the Phoebe Family Medicine Residency program Saturday night at the Doublegate Country Club.

    More >>

    Five new family medicine doctors will soon enter the workforce after spending three years of their residency here in Albany. Doctors Danielle Andrews, Sarah Codrea, Justin Lancaster, John Macon and Jennifer Yam graduated the Phoebe Family Medicine Residency program Saturday night at the Doublegate Country Club.

    More >>
  • Dougherty County ham radio enthusiasts prepare for emergencies

    Dougherty County ham radio enthusiasts prepare for emergencies

    Saturday, June 24 2017 10:10 PM EDT2017-06-25 02:10:46 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    Ham radio enthusiasts put their skills to practice for emergencies Saturday. It was the yearly ham radio field day at Avalon United Methodist Church in Dougherty County. Albany Amateur Radio Club members practiced with their mobile command center.

    More >>

    Ham radio enthusiasts put their skills to practice for emergencies Saturday. It was the yearly ham radio field day at Avalon United Methodist Church in Dougherty County. Albany Amateur Radio Club members practiced with their mobile command center.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly