Fire destroys Worth Co. home -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire destroys Worth Co. home

By Tayleigh Davis - bio | email | twitter

WORTH COUNTY, GA (WALB) - County and city officials are still investigating a fire that destroyed the home of a long-time Worth County Family.

When Firefighters responded to the blaze on Highway 256 around 3:00 p.m., the home was already engulfed in flames. They left three hours later.

Dianne and Jimmy Nethers owned the home. They also own Nether's Pork Skins across the street. The home was destroyed.

We spoke to their nephew who's with the family.

"It's a complete shock because you never believe your own family's house will catch on fire," said Arthur Gass Jr. "This is home for us. For that to happen is a shock to the whole entire family.

If you want to help the Nethers family, call 229- 776-6745.

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback

Powered by Frankly