Albany family loses clothes in house fire -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Albany family loses clothes in house fire

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) –An Albany family already dealing with tough times, now struggles to recover from a fire that destroyed many of their belongings.

J-B Black, his wife and three kids looked over their home on Ingleside Drive Monday morning.

Saturday afternoon an electric short in a bedroom sparked a fire that caused almost $30,000 damage to the house.

Black has been unemployed for two months.

He moved his family into a motel while his insurance adjuster works to get the home repaired.

"'ve lost everything. All my clothes , my wife's clothes, and everything that we had. If there is anybody that could do anything to help us just to have clothes, we'd appreciate it," said Black.

You can donate to Neighbors in Need, Goodwill,or the Salvation Army if you would like to help the Black family or other fire victims get the clothes they need while they rebuild.

©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback

Powered by Frankly