Smoke detector saves Colquitt Co. family - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Smoke detector saves Colquitt Co. family

Posted: Updated:
MOULTRIE, GA (WALB) -

By Jennifer Emert - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) –  Smoke detectors saved the lives of a Colquitt County family when their house went up in flames early Monday.

A smoke alarm awakened Clint Gray, his wife and 9 year old son. Firefighters believe the families clothes dryer started the fire just after midnight at their home on Sam Harrell Road in Moultrie.

A firefighter suffered minor burns to his face, but is doing okay. The Red Cross is helping the family.


©2010 WALB News. All rights reserved.   Feedback