Kitchen fire damages Albany apartment - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Kitchen fire damages Albany apartment

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Storm clean up is underway at wildlife rehabilitation center

    Storm clean up is underway at wildlife rehabilitation center

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:46 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:46:45 GMT
    Storm Clean up is underway at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Thomasville.   Sierra Dorpinghouse is all geared up and ready to help with clean up after Friday's storm damaged several animal cagesMore >>
    Storm Clean up is underway at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Thomasville.   Sierra Dorpinghouse is all geared up and ready to help with clean up after Friday's storm damaged several animal cagesMore >>
  • Register to vote through new phone app

    Register to vote through new phone app

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:37 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:37:30 GMT
    The May primaries are just around the corner and tomorrow is the last day you can register to vote. If you don't have time to go to the government center downtown, anyone with a valid driver's licenseMore >>
    The May primaries are just around the corner and tomorrow is the last day you can register to vote.More >>
  • ATC celebrates Arbor Day Monday

    ATC Celebrates Arbor Day Monday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 4:00 PM EDT2014-04-20 20:00:13 GMT
    Albany Technical College, a Tree Campus USA, will celebrate Arbor Day on Monday, on the grounds north of the Nathaniel Cross Health Care Technology Building, by planting a tree. George Paul, EnvironmentalMore >>
    Albany Technical College, a Tree Campus USA, will celebrate Arbor Day on Monday, on the grounds north of the Nathaniel Cross Health Care Technology Building, by planting a tree.More >>

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) -A man cooking lunch set fire to his house in North Albany Thursday.

Canard Peterson says he was cooking fried chicken and french fries when grease on his stove caught fire at his apartment on North Davis Street.

Firefighters had to battle thick smoke to put out the flames in the two story unit.

Peterson said "Grease splashed onto the actual stove itself and it burst into a huge fire. Normally it does not burst into a huge fire. I could not stop it. It was that quick."

Peterson said he barely had time to grab his phone and run out of the house to call for help. Firefighters estimate there was $15,000 worth of damage.

Feedback


©2009 WALB News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow