East Albany home damaged by fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

East Albany home damaged by fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Americus student honored in statewide design contest

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:59 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:59:05 GMT
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South GeorgiaMore >>
    Indira Zelaya, a fourth grader from Sarah Cobb Elementary School in Americus, was honored in Atlanta recently for her artwork supporting Georgia's manufacturing industry.  She was nominated by South Georgia Technical College.More >>
  • Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Swimming pool destroyed after storm

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:32:11 GMT
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. He says he's had the siding redone several times.More >>
    An Albany man arrived home to find his pool completely destroyed. He's not sure what happened, but the wall caved in and the concrete cracked. More >>
  • Manhole overflowing at Lenox Dr. and W. Oglethrope

    Manhole overflowing at Lenox Dr. and W. Oglethrope

    Saturday, April 19 2014 7:24 PM EDT2014-04-19 23:24:01 GMT
    Be careful if your traveling near the intersection of Lennox Drive and West Oglethrope Ave. A manhole is overflowing releasing nearly 25 gallons of water a minute. City officials says the undergroundMore >>
    Be careful if your traveling near the intersection of Lennox Drive and West Oglethrope Ave. A manhole is overflowing releasing nearly 25 gallons of water a minute. More >>

By Jay Polk - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An East Albany home was heavily damaged by fire Wednesday morning.

Just after 11 a.m., firefighters were called to Meadow Lane in the Cromartie Beach area. Three people were in the home at the time of the fire but got out okay. Firefighters say that the fire started from food on a stove and quickly spread throughout the house.

"We had three stations respond, and then, of course, we had our on call called back in, they responded. Roughly we had, about 15 folks on the scene out here," said Capt. Keith Ambrose of the Albany Fire Department.

Firefighters were able to respond within a few minutes to the fire, getting it under control quickly and saving the home next door.

Feedback

Powered by WorldNow