Ellaville woman electrocuted - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Ellaville woman electrocuted

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Stores gear up for Tax Free Weekend

    Stores gear up for Tax Free Weekend

    Friday, August 1 2014 5:18 AM EDT2014-08-01 09:18:42 GMT
    Retail stores in South Georgia are gearing up for the tax free holiday weekend.More >>
    Retail stores in South Georgia are gearing up for the tax free holiday weekend.More >>
  • Shoppers fire up for tax free holiday

    Shoppers fire up for tax free holiday

    Friday, August 1 2014 4:12 AM EDT2014-08-01 08:12:21 GMT
    Calculators, spirals, backpacks...just a few essentials for back-to-school shopping and with a bonus of a tax free holiday, shoppers will be scrambling to snag the best deals. More >>
    Calculators, spirals, backpacks...just a few essentials for back-to-school shopping and with a bonus of a tax free holiday, shoppers will be scrambling to snag the best deals. More >>
  • Phoebe foundation receives donation for medical student housing

    Phoebe foundation receives donation for medical student housing

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:25 PM EDT2014-08-01 03:25:30 GMT
    Lauren Ray, Phoebe Foundation Executive DirectorLauren Ray, Phoebe Foundation Executive Director
    A generous donation will help build a $5 million medical student housing facility on Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital's campus.The Richard King Mellon Foundation donated $1 million to the Phoebe Foundation for the proposed 25-unit gated community. More >>
    A generous donation will help build a $5 million medical student housing facility on Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital's campus.The Richard King Mellon Foundation donated $1 million to the Phoebe Foundation for the proposed 25-unit gated community. More >>

By Jennifer Emert - bio | email

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - We've got a warning from electricians after a Schley County woman was electrocuted trying to reconnect the electric supply to her Ellaville home.

February fifth, 23 year old Christina Lynn was found dead lying near the power pole in front of her home. Coroners reports now show burns on Lynn's brain.

Lynn called Flint Electric last Thursday to see how much it would cost to have the power restored. The GBI says Lynn was found later that afternoon. It appears she climbed the power pole and tried to use galvanized conduit to reconnect her home. Electricians say, they face hazards like this every day, and a novice should never attempt something so dangerous.

"Shock or electrocution is one of the dangers we face daily and everything and we're the guys who know this thing and so your novices, for a novice it's kind of dangerous," said Eric Walker, Albany Electric.

They say if you're doing work inside your home you should always make sure to turn off a breaker before beginning any electrical work and use a meter to make sure there is no electricity coming through the line. Funeral services for Lynn were held earlier this week.

Feedback