Saturday, May 18 2013 12:48 PM EDT2013-05-18 16:48:01 GMT
The family of an Albany teenager who died on Friday, isn't sure how they'll pay for her funeral. 16-year old Keyanna Lang died from a heart condition. Due to her illness the family couldn't keep lifeMore >>
The family of an Albany teenager who died on Friday, isn't sure how they'll pay for her funeral.More >>
Saturday, May 18 2013 8:00 AM EDT2013-05-18 12:00:09 GMT
In its effort to hire 10,000 new employees in May, Dollar General will host a career fair at Dollar General located at 2017 N Slappey Blvd. in Albany, Ga. on Saturday, May 18 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.More >>
The event is held as part of the major retailer's effort to hire 10,000 new employees in May...More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:58 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:58:09 GMT
A student-led effort to help cancer survivors ended up being a big success at a Lee County School. Friday students at Twin Oaks elementary school donated the proceeds from their effort to the Cancer CoalitionMore >>
A student-led effort to help cancer survivors ended up being a big success at a Lee County School. Friday students at Twin Oaks elementary school donated the proceeds from their effort to the Cancer Coalition of Southwest Georgia.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:44 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:44:12 GMT
Furloughs for Marine Corps Logistics Base workers could start in less than two months. About 2,000 workers at the Albany base will have to take up to 11 unpaid days off in the next fiscal year that startsMore >>
Furloughs for Marine Corps Logistics Base workers could start in less than two months.More >>
Friday, May 17 2013 11:43 PM EDT2013-05-18 03:43:28 GMT
The Rat Pack came back to Albany Friday night. Sinatra and Friends performed at Doublegate Country Club to raise money for the Albany Symphony Association. The guys who play the roles of Frank Sinatra,More >>
People danced the night away to Frank Sinatra tunes.More >>
ALBANY, GA (WALB) - It's not just hundreds of humans who have been sickened by Salmonella linked to the Blakely plant.
At least one brand of dog treats has also been recalled and could put dogs at risk. PetSmart brand Great Choice dog biscuits have been recalled.
Veterinarians say just like humans, dogs can be at risk for Salmonella. Vets say, most adult dogs can handle the bacteria, but puppies or immune compromised dogs would be at risk. Like humans dogs can show symptoms of Salmonella poisoning.
"Decreased appetite, fever, lethargy, weight loss, vomiting or diarrhea if they do ingest these peanut butter treats," said Dr. Ivy Chupp, Bush Animal Clinic.
Veterinarians say owners who may have given their dogs any of the recalled items like cookies or crackers could also be at risk.