Fire injures elderly man -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Fire injures elderly man

By Karen Cohilas - bio | email

January 20, 2009

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An elderly Albany man was badly injured in a house fire this afternoon. It happened around 12:20 at 1803 Lily Pond Road.

81-year old James Richardson was taking a shower, when a space heater in his bedroom caught the bed on fire.

He suffered serious injuries and was airlifted to the August Burn Center for treatment. The fire caused about $30,000 in damage to the home.


Powered by Frankly