BBQ restaurant catches on fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

BBQ restaurant catches on fire

By Wainwright Jeffers - bio | email

January 11, 2008

MITCHELL COUNTY, GA (WALB) - A Mitchell County business will be closed Monday after fire spread through an office.

Both the Autry Correctional Institute and Camilla Fire Departments responded to Kebo's Barbecue and More on U-S 19.

Just before five a driver passing by saw smoke coming from the vacant building.

The fire started in an officer there.

Preliminary show it was electrical short which sparked it.

The fire was confined to the office, but smoke and water did considerable damage to the building

"We had visible smoke throughout the building we quickly applied a positive pressure fan to isolate and locate the origin of the fire soon as we made entry on the A side of the structure very quick knockdown it was contained to an office area," said Chief Bobby Beck, Camilla Fire Department.

Restaurant employees were seen removing food from the building.

Officials estimate the damage at more than $10,000. The restaurant will have to be inspected before it reopens.

 Feedback
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:37 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:37:13 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:29 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:29:43 GMT
    A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly