Fire destroys Lee County kitchen - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire destroys Lee County kitchen

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:57 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:57:34 GMT
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
  • Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Easter Bunny visits hospitalized children

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:52:00 GMT
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>
    The Easter Bunny made an appearance at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital today.   The Dougherty County Police Department partnered with the Easter Bunny Foundation to deliver stuffed Easter Bunnies to childrenMore >>
  • Storm clean up is underway at wildlife rehabilitation center

    Storm clean up is underway at wildlife rehabilitation center

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:46 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:46:45 GMT
    Storm Clean up is underway at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Thomasville.   Sierra Dorpinghouse is all geared up and ready to help with clean up after Friday's storm damaged several animal cagesMore >>
    Storm Clean up is underway at a wildlife rehabilitation center in Thomasville.   Sierra Dorpinghouse is all geared up and ready to help with clean up after Friday's storm damaged several animal cagesMore >>

By Wainwright Jeffers - bio | email

January 2, 2008

LEE COUNTY, GA (WALB) - Flames swept through a Lee County kitchen this afternoon after a pan of grease caught fire.

The fire started just before 6:00 Friday at a duplex in the 100 block of Ravenwood Court, off Philema Road.

Firefighters tell us the man who lives there was cooking when the fire started.

He ran out and called for help, firefighters from Lee County and Lee State prison responded.

"The occupant was attempting to cook in the kitchen, was cooking some french fries from what we understand some grease got onto the eye of the stove and flared up. He ran around looking for the phone and couldn't find it so he did the correct thing exited the house and went to the next door neighbor," said Capt. Kelly Harcrow, Lee County Fire Department.

Firefighters say all the damage was confined to the B-side of the duplex.

They say the kitchen and all the appliances was a total loss.

The rest of the house had smoke damage.

 Feedback
Powered by WorldNow