Albany Fire gives Mother a Scare - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany Fire gives Mother a Scare

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Wanted woman found under a bed

    Wanted woman found under a bed

    Friday, August 29 2014 9:56 AM EDT2014-08-29 13:56:32 GMT
    APD reports that officers got a tip that a wanted person was “hiding out” at 708 North Jackson Street. Offices went to that location and confirmed the suspect was there. They said they found Wanda Harris hiding under a bed and arrested her, then notified DCP.More >>
    APD reports that officers got a tip that a wanted person was “hiding out” at 708 North Jackson Street. Offices went to that location and confirmed the suspect was there. They said they found Wanda Harris hiding under a bed and arrested her, then notified DCP.More >>
  • Take care on the water this weekend

    Take care on the water this weekend

    Friday, August 29 2014 8:52 AM EDT2014-08-29 12:52:39 GMT
    The Department of Natural Resources law enforcement division says its rangers will be busy making sure boaters follow the rules and stay sober and safe while operating boats over the long weekend.More >>
    The Department of Natural Resources law enforcement division says its rangers will be busy making sure boaters follow the rules and stay sober and safe while operating boats over the long weekend.More >>
  • High mercury levels harmful to babies

    High mercury levels harmful to babies

    Friday, August 29 2014 6:02 AM EDT2014-08-29 10:02:09 GMT
    Guidelines regarding fish consumption has been released by the Food and Drug Administration for women who are pregnant, trying to become pregnant and children. Their research shows eating certain types of fish containing extreme levels of mercury can negatively affect neurodevelopment in growing babies.More >>
    Guidelines regarding fish consumption has been released by the Food and Drug Administration for women who are pregnant, trying to become pregnant and children. Their research shows eating certain types of fish containing extreme levels of mercury can negatively affect neurodevelopment in growing babies.More >>

By Christian Jennings - bio | email

November 28, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An apartment fire gave an Albany mother a scare this afternoon. She thought her son was trapped inside.

The fire started around 1:30 in an apartment in the 900 block of Holloway Avenue. It began in the living room by the sofa.

Two people were home at the time. Deshondra Tumblin was one of them.  She thinks there must have been an electrical problem.

"I heard the alarm go off and I saw the couch was on fire so I was trying to find my son but the smoke was too thick. My window was in the back so I got out of my window and go knocked on his window. I didn't hear anything so I started panicking and stuff," said house fire victime Deshondra Tumblin.

Luckily her son was at a neighbors house. No one was hurt.

The Albany Fire Department is still investigating. Tumblin worries it could be a total lost due to all the smoke damage.

Two other apartments were evacuated while firefighters put out the fire. Feedback