Albany Fire gives Mother a Scare - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany Fire gives Mother a Scare

Posted: Updated:

By Christian Jennings - bio | email

November 28, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An apartment fire gave an Albany mother a scare this afternoon. She thought her son was trapped inside.

The fire started around 1:30 in an apartment in the 900 block of Holloway Avenue. It began in the living room by the sofa.

Two people were home at the time. Deshondra Tumblin was one of them.  She thinks there must have been an electrical problem.

"I heard the alarm go off and I saw the couch was on fire so I was trying to find my son but the smoke was too thick. My window was in the back so I got out of my window and go knocked on his window. I didn't hear anything so I started panicking and stuff," said house fire victime Deshondra Tumblin.

Luckily her son was at a neighbors house. No one was hurt.

The Albany Fire Department is still investigating. Tumblin worries it could be a total lost due to all the smoke damage.

Two other apartments were evacuated while firefighters put out the fire. Feedback

Powered by WorldNow