A Smithville woman gets a kitchen fright - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

A Smithville woman gets a kitchen fright

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Men burglarize defunct Holley School

    Men burglarize defunct Holley School

    Monday, April 21 2014 10:36 AM EDT2014-04-21 14:36:24 GMT
    Sylvester Police arrested two men for stealing items from a Sylvester school that closed several years ago. Lt. Ronnie Graddy of the Sylvester Police Department says that late Friday afternoon, Lt. TracyMore >>
    Lt. Ronnie Graddy of the Sylvester Police Department says that late Friday afternoon, Lt. Tracy Jones noticed a red pick-up truck backed up to the old Holley Elementary School building, on Carter Road in Sylvester.More >>
  • Americus runner back in Boston

    Americus runner back in Boston

    Monday, April 21 2014 7:06 AM EDT2014-04-21 11:06:25 GMT
    One of the thousands of runners participating in the marathon today comes from Southwest Georgia, Charlene Pennymon. She's returning to Boston to win another title but also give hope to others. @ ThisMore >>
    One of the thousands of runners participating in the marathon today comes from Southwest Georgia, Charlene Pennymon. She's returning to Boston to beat her current record but also give hope to others. More >>
  • Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Thomasville woman celebrates 100th Birthday

    Sunday, April 20 2014 5:57 PM EDT2014-04-20 21:57:34 GMT
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>
    A Thomasville woman is celebrating her 100th birthday. Irene Manning celebrates her 100th Birthday today. Friends and family threw her a birthday party at Cherokee Lake in Thomasville. Her grandson saysMore >>

By Jennifer Emert - bio | email

November 25, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A frightening morning in the kitchen for a Smithville woman.

Grease caught fire inside this home at 104 Boulevard in Smithville. Firefighters pulled the stove from the home and ventilated the house.

Firefighters say it takes only a few minutes for a small grease fire to flare up and consume an entire home.

You should never put water on a grease fire, try to cover the fire or use a chemical-based fire extinguisher and call for help.

Feedback

Powered by WorldNow