Fire ravages Albany home - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Fire ravages Albany home

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Phoebe holds blood drive Thursday

    Phoebe holds blood drive Thursday

    Thursday, August 21 2014 3:11 PM EDT2014-08-21 19:11:37 GMT
    (Phoebe Putney)(Phoebe Putney)
    The gift of life is priceless and it is a gift that many can give Thursday, at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Phoebe's current drive is part of an ongoing effort to encourage all who qualify to give blood.More >>
    The gift of life is priceless and it is a gift that many can give Thursday, at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Phoebe's current drive is part of an ongoing effort to encourage all who qualify to give blood.More >>
  • Lee Co. family offers reward for missing jewelry

    Lee Co. family offers reward for missing jewelry

    Thursday, August 21 2014 3:06 PM EDT2014-08-21 19:06:24 GMT
    A Lee County family is offering a reward tonight to catch a thief they say stole thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from their home.More >>
    A Lee County family is offering a reward tonight to catch a thief they say stole thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from their home.More >>
  • Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Thursday, August 21 2014 2:32 PM EDT2014-08-21 18:32:37 GMT
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.More >>
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.
    More >>

By Delivrine Registre - bio | email

November 9, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany family is now homeless after flames ravaged their home.

There is a broken window and burnt siding where the fire was taken down at 833 Dorset Road Saturday night.

Firefighters say the fire was started by food that was left unattended on the stove.

And though it only took a few minutes to get those flames under control, firefighters estimate about $20,000 worth of damage.

The American Red Cross is now helping the family of six.

Feedback