Electrical short causes fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Electrical short causes fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • DCP searching for missing elderly man

    DCP searching for missing elderly man

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 2:18 AM EDT2014-07-30 06:18:44 GMT
    Dougherty County Police are searching for 71 year-old Ronald Sutton Hausman. He was last seen at his home around 10:00 Tuesday night on the 1700 block of Doug Lane.More >>
    Dougherty County Police are searching for 71 year-old Ronald Sutton Hausman. He was last seen at his home around 10:00 Tuesday night on the 1700 block of Doug Lane.More >>
  • Vandals target Habitat for Humanity

    Vandals target Habitat for Humanity

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:57 PM EDT2014-07-30 03:57:21 GMT
    Vandals hit Albany Habitat homes.More >>
    Vandals hit Albany Habitat homes.More >>
  • Poor fire protection leads to skyrocketing insurance costs

    Poor fire protection leads to skyrocketing insurance costs

    Tuesday, July 29 2014 11:54 PM EDT2014-07-30 03:54:39 GMT
    Some Worth County homeowners are seeing steep increases in their insurance premiums because of poor fire protection.More >>
    Some Worth County homeowners are seeing steep increases in their insurance premiums because of poor fire protection.More >>

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

October 28, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany woman was hospitalized overnight because of smoke inhalation from a house fire.  

Susan Zees was injured in a fire at her Northwest Albany home Monday. Firefighters say the fire started from an electrical short at a computer.  

Firefighters estimate damage to the home at $70,000, mostly from smoke.