Vehicular homicide trial could go forward in November - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Vehicular homicide trial could go forward in November

By Jennifer Emert - bio | email

October 21, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - A Superior Court judge says he won't be presiding in a Lee County courtroom in November, and that clears the way for a vehicular homicide defendant to stand trial.

As WALB News 10 first reported Monday, it's been two years since a deadly drunk driving crash on Ledo Road and the case still hasn't gone to trial. One of the reasons is because the man charged with vehicular homicide, Michael Littleton, is an acquaintance of Judge James Sizemore. Sizemore said Tuesday he won't recuse himself. He says, however, he's not scheduled be be on the bench when the case comes up in November.

Littleton is charged in a head on collision that killed Kelly Jean and Charles Caldwell and 17 year old Nathan Wood, a passenger in Littleton's truck. Judge Sizemore told us he didn't want to hear the case because Littleton had been employed by his father.

Feedback

Powered by Frankly