Worker shocked, now recovering -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Worker shocked, now recovering

August 14, 2002

An electrician who was injured while working on the Central Square government building had to have a finger amputated.

Mike Phillips of Electrical Associates of Albany was working above the ceiling on the third floor setting a light fixture when he was shocked. Phillips suffered third degree burns on his fingers.

His index finger was amputated because of the severity of the burn. He is now out of the hospital and plans to go back to work as soon as possible.

Powered by Frankly