August 14, 2002
An electrician who was injured while working on the Central Square government building had to have a finger amputated.
Mike Phillips of Electrical Associates of Albany was working above the ceiling on the third floor setting a light fixture when he was shocked. Phillips suffered third degree burns on his fingers.
His index finger was amputated because of the severity of the burn. He is now out of the hospital and plans to go back to work as soon as possible.
A South Georgia community is helping one of its leaders fight the battle of a lifetime. Leesburg Police Chief Charles Moore is fighting cancer.
More than 100 Dougherty County residents got their groove on to support heart health today! Phoebe hosted a free Zumba dance workshop at Albany State University.
More than 100 people in Albany showed up to learn how they can get help for necessary home repairs.
NASCAR is at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend and two Georgia drivers will be fighting for the checkered flag.
The Cook County Sheriff's Office is investigating after getting complaints about an internet-based message circulating on several social media.