ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The weather caused a damaging house fire in south Albany tonight. A tree fell in the back yard of a house in the 900 block of Dorsett Avenue around 9:30 Friday night. It crashed into the home and hit outside wires. That caused a short in the wiring inside the house and sparked a fire in the attic.
One woman was asleep in the home when the fire started. Neighbors saw the fire and called 911. They also banged on the doors to wake up the woman. She got out safely and is now staying with her mother down the street.
Firefighters say the fire was not easy to extinguish. It took them about thirty minutes to put out the fire. The fire caused about 30,000 dollars worth of damage. Feedback