House Fire Leaves Albany Family Homeless - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

House Fire Leaves Albany Family Homeless

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Large bee hive being relocated from Valdosta business

    Thursday, August 21 2014 4:09 PM EDT2014-08-21 20:09:36 GMT
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.More >>
    The bees have made a hive inside an exterior wall at the back of The Snake Pit and a bee keeper has set up a box on the outside of the wall next to the hive to collect the bees and has been working to relocate the bees for past couple of months.
    More >>
  • Phoebe holds blood drive Thursday

    Phoebe holds blood drive Thursday

    Thursday, August 21 2014 3:11 PM EDT2014-08-21 19:11:37 GMT
    (Phoebe Putney)(Phoebe Putney)
    The gift of life is priceless and it is a gift that many can give Thursday, at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Phoebe's current drive is part of an ongoing effort to encourage all who qualify to give blood.More >>
    The gift of life is priceless and it is a gift that many can give Thursday, at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital. Phoebe's current drive is part of an ongoing effort to encourage all who qualify to give blood.More >>
  • Lee Co. family offers reward for missing jewelry

    Lee Co. family offers reward for missing jewelry

    Thursday, August 21 2014 3:06 PM EDT2014-08-21 19:06:24 GMT
    A Lee County family is offering a reward tonight to catch a thief they say stole thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from their home.More >>
    A Lee County family is offering a reward tonight to catch a thief they say stole thousands of dollars worth of jewelry from their home.More >>

By Kimberly Page - bio | email

August 19, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany family of four is homeless, after their house caught fire early Tuesday evening.

Albany firefighters were called to this home on Waddell Avenue in southwest Albany a little after six o'clock.

They got control of the fire within just a few minutes, but a lot of damage was done. Firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen.

"The occupants say they were doing some cooking prior to it, and we think that's where it started.  It's probably $70 or $80,000 worth of damage from what I can tell from the outside," said Chief James Carswell.  

The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.

Feedback