Kitchen fire displaces mom, son - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Kitchen fire displaces mom, son

By Jim Wallace - bio | email

August 13, 2008

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - An Albany woman and her teenaged son lost their home in a fire Tuesday night.

Just after 6:00PM, fire swept through their home on Samford Avenue, in Southeast Albany.

Firefighters say it started on the stove, and  caused more than $50,000 worth of damage.

Shimona Wright and her 15-year-old son Christopher got out OK, but lost everything. Her son, a Westover High Student, lost all his school supplies and clothes.

If you would like to help this family and other fire victims, you can contact the American Red Cross.

Feedback

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Lee STEM teacher wins national award

    Lee STEM teacher wins national award

    Tuesday, March 28 2017 7:36 PM EDT2017-03-28 23:36:32 GMT
    (Source: WALB)(Source: WALB)

    A popular Lee County science and math teacher will receive a national teaching award in Los Angeles Friday.

    More >>

    A popular Lee County science and math teacher will receive a national teaching award in Los Angeles Friday.

    More >>
  • Rainfall Gauge

    Rainfall Gauge

    Today: 0.00'": Monthly Total 1.21"; Normal for the Month 5.22"; Yearly Total 13.03"; -/+ Year to Date -2.17".

    More >>

    Today: 0.00": Monthly Total 1.21"; Normal for the Month 5.22"; Yearly Total 13.03"; -/+ Year to Date -2.17".

    More >>
  • Fire Weather Forecast

    Fire Weather Forecast

    Wednesday, December 30 2015 11:51 PM EST2015-12-31 04:51:24 GMT
    Tuesday, March 28 2017 7:17 PM EDT2017-03-28 23:17:27 GMT

    Fire Weather Forecast March 28-29, 2017

    More >>

    Fire Weather Forecast March 28-29, 2017

    More >>
Powered by Frankly