Albany family homeless after fire - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Albany family homeless after fire

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • APD offers Open and Empty Initiative

    APD offers Open and Empty Initiative

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 10:11 AM EDT2014-08-20 14:11:29 GMT
    New signs are part of a new initiative started by the Albany Police Department's Crime Prevention Unit to encourage businesses to empty cash register drawers at the close of business and then leave the register open.More >>
    New signs are part of a new initiative started by the Albany Police Department's Crime Prevention Unit to encourage businesses to empty cash register drawers at the close of business and then leave the register open.More >>
  • Duplex on fire again after molotov cocktail attack

    Duplex on fire again after molotov cocktail attack

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 9:23 AM EDT2014-08-20 13:23:03 GMT
     Firefighters are investigating another fire at an Albany duplex on that was hit earlier this week with a molotov cocktail.
    Fire crews were called to the duplex in the 600 block of West Gordon Avenue around 6 Wednesday morning.
    More >>
     Firefighters are investigating another fire at an Albany duplex on that was hit earlier this week with a molotov cocktail.
    Fire crews were called to the duplex in the 600 block of West Gordon Avenue around 6 Wednesday morning.
    More >>
  • East Albany duplex fire

    Wednesday, August 20 2014 7:28 AM EDT2014-08-20 11:28:59 GMT
    Firefighters are on the scene of a duplex fire in the 1100 block of Clark Avenue. Around 05:22 this morning crews arrived and saw heavy smoke coming from the home.More >>
    Firefighters are on the scene of a duplex fire in the 1100 block of Clark Avenue. Around 05:22 this morning crews arrived and saw heavy smoke coming from the home.More >>

May 10, 2008

Albany -- An Albany family is homeless Saturday night after a morning fire destroyed their home.

Just after 9:30 AM, firefighters rushed to put out the flames at 1002 West Lincoln Avenue.

Though the fire only took a few minutes to get under control, it caused about eight thousand dollars worth of damage.

The blaze started in one of the children's bedrooms where firefighters believe a child may have been playing with matches or a lighter.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

feedback: news@walb.com?Subject=AlbanyFire/DR