ADA: Baby's death was tragic accident - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

ADA: Baby's death was tragic accident

 April 3, 2008

Albany --  No charges will be filed against the mother of an Albany one-year old who died after falling into a bucket of bleach Saturday.  

Coroner Emma Quimbley announced preliminary autopsy results show Asia Brown drowned. She also said the bleach in the bucket was so highly concentrated that it damaged the toddler's organs.

We now know that Brown's 13-year-old brother was the one mopping the floor and left the five gallon bucket sitting on a mat outside the kitchen along with the mop. Brown's five-year-old sister found her, pulled her out of the bucket, and attempted CPR.

Assistant District Attorney Chris Cohilas said there was no criminal intent and it's just a tragic accident.

"The overwhelming evidence demonstrates this was a horrible accident, there was no criminal intent," said Cohilas. "This mother has suffered a loss that no parent would ever want to suffer and this is just an accident that can occur with children who are curious and left unattended just a for a few moments."  

Funeral services were held this afternoon for Asia Brown in Northwest Georgia.

Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=AsiaBrown-JE

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 4:53 PM EDT2017-09-22 20:53:34 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Friday, September 22 2017 3:54 PM EDT2017-09-22 19:54:23 GMT
    (Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)(Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly