Sam's Club Evacuated - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Sam's Club Evacuated

November 29, 2007

Albany - - A bomb scare at the Sam's Club Thursday afternoon forced customers and all store employees to evacuate. 

At 4:30, managers say someone called in a bomb threat. Five minutes later, an employee found a suspicious box in the back of the store.

Everyone was told to leave. Customers say they were startled. 

"We had our cart completely full getting ready to check out when they came over the loud speaker saying, 'everyone get out just as fast as you can'...I didn't know what to think," says Millard Snell.

Albany Police and the Fire Department were called out to the scene to investigate. Turns out, there was nothing dangerous in the store. Employees  returned to work at 6 PM.

Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=samsclub/bs 

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:37 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:37:13 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Student leaves ASU after facing financial aid issues

    Friday, September 22 2017 6:29 PM EDT2017-09-22 22:29:43 GMT
    A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)A young girl left school at Albany State University on Friday. (Source: WALB)

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>

    It was an emotional Friday for the freshman A'Lauren Camp and her friends she had to say goodbye.  She said she is one of many students who had financial aid issues this year at Albany State University. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly