Church fire was not arson - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Church fire was not arson

Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Southern Veneer catches fire

    Southern Veneer catches fire

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:30 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:30:03 GMT
    A company that makes wood products in Fitzgerald sustained a fire earlier today. Amy Taylor Chief Financial Officer from Southern Veneer says started around 2:30p.m. in the roof above the dryers.More >>
    A company that makes wood products in Fitzgerald sustained a fire earlier today. Amy Taylor Chief Financial Officer from Southern Veneer says started around 2:30p.m. in the roof above the dryers.More >>
  • Residents on alert for kids in cars

    Residents on alert for kids in cars

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:22 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:22:40 GMT
    Tuesday night, they got a call from someone in the Harvey's parking lot who said a baby was left in a car. Officials say when they got there the car was gone, the woman then drove to the sheriff's office with the baby, which was OK.More >>
    Tuesday night, they got a call from someone in the Harvey's parking lot who said a baby was left in a car. Officials say when they got there the car was gone, the woman then drove to the sheriff's office with the baby, which was OK.More >>
  • Thief breaks into locked car

    Thief breaks into locked car

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 4:15 PM EDT2014-07-23 20:15:19 GMT
    Car break-ins continue to be a major problem all across south Georgia. One victim in Americus is worried about how crooks got in his car, even though it was locked.More >>
    Car break-ins continue to be a major problem all across south Georgia. One victim in Americus is worried about how crooks got in his car, even though it was locked.More >>

November 22, 2007

Grady County -- Investigators have ruled out arson in a devastating church fire.  

Willow Grove Church in north Grady county burned nearly to the ground in the middle of the night two weeks ago.

Georgia Department of Insurance investigators determined an old heating unit that started the fire.

Another fire burned down the fellowship hall at the same church in 2004.

Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=GradyChurchFire-SB