No spill or leak in Camilla -, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

No spill or leak in Camilla

November 21, 2007

Camilla- It wasn't a chemical spill that sickened workers in Mitchell County yesterday. It was apparently a pesticide.

The CCSI Pecan storage warehouse had been fumigated for pests when workers re-entered. One worker was taken to Tallahassee hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. Today he is said to be doing well along with other workers who were decontaminated by Albany Haz-Mat Teams. Albany responded when they got the call for mutual but said there was no spill or leak. 

"Decontaminating the individuals, that were exposed to it yes. There was approximately 50 gallons of that substance within the warehouse so our job was just to make sure those individuals exposed were decontaminated," said Jim Vaught, Deputy EMA Director. 

The building has been sealed off until its safe to re-enter and the workers clothes collected last night during the decontamination have been destroyed.



Powered by Frankly