Electrical short ruled apartment fire cause - WALB.com, Albany News, Weather, Sports

Electrical short ruled apartment fire cause

Posted: Updated:
  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • Campaign to help adults go back to college

    Campaign to help adults go back to college

    Thursday, July 31 2014 5:57 AM EDT2014-07-31 09:57:38 GMT
    Georgia officials are teaming up with the state's universities and technical colleges to get adults back in School.The "Go Back. Move Ahead." Campaign will help Georgians who completed some college to return and finish their degrees.It's part of Governor Deal's "Complete College Georgia" initiative. The campaign will help returning students with scheduling and course selection."People are always learning and we want to make sure that we embrace that when they come back to schools," said Beth ...More >>
    Georgia officials are teaming up with the state's universities and technical colleges to get adults back in School.The "Go Back. Move Ahead." Campaign will help Georgians who completed some college to return and finish their degrees.It's part of Governor Deal's "Complete College Georgia" initiative. The campaign will help returning students with scheduling and course selection."People are always learning and we want to make sure that we embrace that when they come back to schools," said Beth ...More >>
  • Missing man with Alzheimer's Disease Found

    Missing man with Alzheimer's Disease Found

    Thursday, July 31 2014 4:34 AM EDT2014-07-31 08:34:46 GMT
    Authorities in Berrien County are searching for a man with Alzheimer's Disease that has gone missing.They say John Bethea was last seen heading south on White Pond Road in Nashville at 11 a.m.More >>
    Authorities in Berrien County are searching for a man with Alzheimer's Disease that has gone missing.They say John Bethea was last seen heading south on White Pond Road in Nashville at 11 a.m.More >>
  • Albany cheerleading team could be on reality show

    Albany cheerleading team could be on reality show

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 11:42 PM EDT2014-07-31 03:42:06 GMT
    Dr. Latonya Peterson, Assistant CoachDr. Latonya Peterson, Assistant Coach
    An Albany cheerleading team could be featured on a reality show. More than 50 girls tried out to join the two time national champion Albany Elite “Tiger Paws.”More >>
    An Albany cheerleading team could be featured on a reality show. More than 50 girls tried out to join the two time national champion Albany Elite “Tiger Paws.”More >>

November 5, 2007

Albany -- An electrical short caused the fire that burned an Albany apartment building, and displaced three families.

 The fire broke out just after 5 Saturday afternoon at the Shoreham Apartments. Fire officials say the blaze started in the second floor bedroom of this quadraplex at 2204 Lionel Lane.

No one was inside the apartment when fire fighters arrived but their quick actions to stop the fire from spreading through the attic likely saved the building from sustaining further damage.

Investigators say they can not tell if it was the apartment building wiring that started the blaze, or an overload of an outlet by the tenant. 

The damage was estimated at about $100,000.

feedback: news@walb.com?subject=firecause