Mission death called natural - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Mission death called natural

November 1, 2007

Albany -- A man living at the Albany Rescue Mission was found dead, and while police were at first suspicious, they now say his death was natural.

Forty-four-year-old Eric Honea was found dead on a mattress on the floor in one of the back rooms of the Albany Rescue Mission dormitory. Honea had lived at the Mission on and off for more than three years.

"He came back home yesterday morning very sick," Daniel Dames, Albany Rescue Mission Program Director. "We gave him another chance to get his life back turned around together through the Mission. But this time he couldn't make it, through his illness. He had a seizure again. We called the ambulance, but he was DOA.

Honea had been hospitalized for three days last week because of seizures, and Mission staff say he suffered another last night. That was why they put him on a mattress on the floor.

Feedback: news@walb.com?subject=MissionDeath-JW

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 4:53 PM EDT2017-09-22 20:53:34 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Friday, September 22 2017 3:54 PM EDT2017-09-22 19:54:23 GMT
    (Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)(Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly