Do you have one warm coat? Not everyone does - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Do you have one warm coat? Not everyone does

October 22, 2007

Albany--  A South Georgia alarm company is going beyond keeping homes and businesses safe. They're making sure people in the community stay warm this winter.

Last year, Central Monitoring kicked off their One Warm Coat campaign. It's a national program that provides new or gently used coats for people who need them.

People in South Georgia donated more than 2,200 coats last winter. Organizers say they will be happy if they collect half that number this year.

"Last year we conducted our first coat drive and it was way beyond our expectations. We thought if we got a couple hundred coats, that would be awesome but we ended up collecting 2,218 coats last year and distributing them to agencies that are served by the Food Bank of Southwest Georgia," said Kevin Hogencamp with Central Monitoring.

Central Monitoring spent Monday planning out this year's strategy. They plan to begin collecting coats by the beginning of November. Coats can be donated at any Albany Fire Station or at the Central Monitoring office on Pine Avenue.

feedback: news@walb.com?subject=OneWarmCoat

 

  • More WALB News10 HeadlinesMore News HeadlinesMore>>

  • The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    The Latest: Irma weakens into a tropical depression

    Monday, September 11 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-09-11 07:27:29 GMT
    Tuesday, September 12 2017 2:42 AM EDT2017-09-12 06:42:09 GMT
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
    Irma weakened to a Category 1 storm as the massive hurricane zeroed in on the Tampa Bay region early Monday after hammering much of Florida with roof-ripping winds, gushing floodwaters and widespread power outages.More >>
  • breaking

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Officials determine deadly Lee Co. fire caused by electrical malfunction

    Friday, September 22 2017 4:53 PM EDT2017-09-22 20:53:34 GMT

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>

    Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens said the cause of a Friday morning house fire in Lee County that killed two elderly women was accidental.

    More >>
  • Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Lee Co. seeks man who exposed himself

    Friday, September 22 2017 3:54 PM EDT2017-09-22 19:54:23 GMT
    (Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)(Source: Lee Co. Sheriff)

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>

    About 8:00 Friday morning, a man went into the Lee County Walmart, walked around the store, and exposed himself to a woman, according to Lee County sheriff's officials.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly