Update: Ashley House Fire - WALB.com, South Georgia News, Weather, Sports

Update: Ashley House Fire

October 17, 2007

Valdosta - Investigators say smoke inhalation killed a 77 year-old Valdosta woman in a weekend fire.

The fire began Saturday morning in the apartment of Willie Mae Williams, who lived on the 6th floor of the Ashley House, an assisted living facility in Valdosta.

Fire fighters say their investigation indicates she was smoking with her oxygen tank on and that could have started that fire.

No one else was injured in the blaze.

Powered by Frankly